Geelong & Bellarine Peninsula
Discover fine food and wine, historic seaside villages and breathtaking natural beauty just a stone's throw from Melbourne. Take a wander down to Geelong's stunning waterfront, wine and dine your way along the Bellarine Taste Trail, or hit the Blues Train for a musical journey across the peninsula.
Explore historic buildings and famous links golf courses, cool off at surf beaches, or get close to nature on an eco-adventure tour. Home to everything from craft breweries and renowned wineries to contemporary galleries and cultural festivals, the region is a haven for lovers of the good life. Highlights include:
- Geelong Waterfront is a must visit precinct for boating, sailing, sightseeing, dining, dancing and shopping
- Grab a Pale Ale and a bite to eat at Little Creatures Brewery
- Head to the arts precinct and immerse yourself in the Geelong Gallery’s renowned collection of 19th and 20th century paintings and decorative arts. Admission is free
- Discover how a myriad of microclimates make the Geelong Wine Region a diverse fusion of intensity and intimacy
- Tour the Bellarine Taste Trail – the very best of gourmet food and beverage experiences artfully clustered within 20 minutes’ drive of each other
- Step back into a grand era with Queenscliff’s colonial hotels, streetscapes, antique shops and steam railway, then eat your way back to the present with a just-caught seafood feast
- Tee off at nationally recognised golf courses including 13th Beach, Barwon Heads or The Sands Torquay
To find out more visit the Tourism Greater Geelong & The Bellarine website.