Choose from any number of natural and contemporary attractions in and around picturesque Barwon Heads, a popular holiday destination on the Bellarine Peninsula. It's also famous as the setting for the ABC television series Seachange. Stay a few days and use it as base for exploring the Bellarine Peninsula's renowned wineries, beaches and links golf courses. Barwon Heads highlights include:
- A beautiful mix of gentle estuary, rocky coastal headland and ocean beaches that are perfect for walking, surfing, swimming, snorkeling, boating, canoeing & fishing
- Life Guard patrolled beaches at Ocean Grove and Thirteenth Beach during summer and from December at 18W on the Ocean Grove Spit
- Dining at one of the many eateries along Hitchcock Avenue, or overlooking the river and ocean
- Boutique shopping along Hitchcock Avenue
- Golf at the nationally recognised Barwon Heads Golf Club or 13th Beach Golf Links
- Renowned 'Jirrahlinga Koala and Wildlife Sanctuary'
- A Maze n Things
- Bellarine Adventure Golf
- Adventure Park, Wallington
- Horse Riding
- Surf Schools on the main beach at Ocean Grove
- Amazing coastal drives including the world famous Great Ocean Road
To find out more visit the Barwon Heads page on the Tourism Greater Geelong & The Bellarine website.